From "Theresa Jayne Forster" <ther...@inbrand.co.uk>
Subject RE: pdftops eps font issue
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 10:26:48 GMT
>From the batik webpage.

Batik makes it easy for Java based applications or applets to deal with SVG
content. For example, using Batik's SVG generator module, a Java application
or applet can very easily export its graphics into the SVG format. Using
Batik's SVG viewing component, an application or applet can very easily
integrate SVG viewing and interaction capabilities. Another possibility is
to use Batik's modules to convert SVG to various formats, such as raster
images (JPEG, PNG or TIFF) or other vector formats (EPS or PDF, the latter
two due to the transcoders provided by Apache FOP).

But EPS is an image so any conversion will look bad,
Why not try setting the output PDF to be higher DPI (say 600 or 1200 dpi)

            fopFactory.setTargetResolution(1200);

then any reduction will not blur as bad...

Kindest regards

Theresa Forster
Senior Software Developer
-----Original Message-----
From: Alberto Priore [mailto:alberto.priore@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 July 2011 11:10
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: pdftops eps font issue

In my case it is necessary to create an eps starting from xsl-fo
and processed with Apache FOP.

I can't create an svg.

Can you suggest me another way to create the eps starting from xsl-fo?
Or another way to convert the output formats of Apache FOP in an eps file?

Alberto

Theresa Jayne Forster wrote:

> SVG is supported by illustrator, hell you can import pdf into illustrator
> (with some limitations)
>
> But what about using inkscape to convert from PDF to SVG then load into
> illustrator, there are so many formats and ways to convert.
> Why EPS (which I remember as being Encapsulated Post Script)
>
> Kindest regards
>

> Theresa Forster
> Senior Software Developer

Internal Virus Database is out of date.