From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: "fo:list-block" is missing child elements
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:51:11 GMT

On 15 Jul 2011, at 17:54, Hamed Mohammed wrote:

Hi

Just to get it out of the way: please refrain from hijacking existing threads in the future,
unless it really is the same issue. The OP was about fo:list-blocks, your issue concerns fo:table-rows.
The OP was about missing child elements, your issue is about a wrong child element. Apart
from the fact that a ValidationException is thrown, the cases have nothing in common...

> I get this error intermittently while generating PDF report using FOP 1.0.
>
> null:5511:928: "{http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format}block" is not a valid child of "fo:table-row"!
(See position 5511:928).
<snip />
>  In most cases this issue is resolved on resubmitting the report. Can any one pin point
what is the actual cause of this issue and why it is happening occasionally for the same input?

This means that, at line 5511, column 928 in the FO source, there is a fo:block that ends
up as a direct child of a fo:table-row, and that is not allowed by XSL-FO (see: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#fo_table-row
- only fo:table-cells are allowed as child nodes)

I would suspect it is actually NOT the same input. Have you verified that the FO is really
identical in both cases? If so, can you post a sample?

Regards,

Andreas
---