From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: No default font defined by OutputConverter
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:26:54 GMT

Hi Lance

> > One thing is not entirely clear to me:
> > Is the error thrown when rendering to PDF, AWT, or both
> intermittently?
> >
> I've only seen it rendering to AWT, but I may have missed it going to
> PDF, that is used less often.

OK, I was asking, since if it were only for PDF, then it would have been something strictly
internal to FOP.
If it's mainly for AWT, then the java.awt.font implementation becomes another relevant variable
that is not fully under FOP's control...

> The application is a swing app, not an online or web app.
> So the fop generation, rendering, and display are all in one jvm for each user.

Does the context allow for multiple concurrent sessions, or can the user only render a single
document at a time?
Has it been reported across a number of different Java Runtime implementations or are all
users working with the exact same OS/VM?

Regards,

Andreas
---