From Lance Goforth <lanc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No default font defined by OutputConverter
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:59:51 GMT
Sorry for the delay -

On Jul 21, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:

> Hi Lance
>

>>> One thing is not entirely clear to me:
>>> Is the error thrown when rendering to PDF, AWT, or both
>> intermittently?
>>>
>> I've only seen it rendering to AWT, but I may have missed it going to
>> PDF, that is used less often.
>
> OK, I was asking, since if it were only for PDF, then it would have been something strictly
internal to FOP.
> If it's mainly for AWT, then the java.awt.font implementation becomes another relevant
variable that is not fully under FOP's control...

>> The application is a swing app, not an online or web app.
>> So the fop generation, rendering, and display are all in one jvm for each user.
>
> Does the context allow for multiple concurrent sessions, or can the user only render
a single document at a time?
> Has it been reported across a number of different Java Runtime implementations or are
all users working with the exact same OS/VM?

	It should only be allowing one document rendering at one time.  However, I might have to
backtrack through the code to verify that is true.

	All the JVMs should be 1.6, although some minor releases might vary, 1.6.17 and 1.6.22 -
all are on a remote windows session running Windows Server 2003