From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: pdftops eps font issue
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:10:26 GMT
On 08.07.2011 14:53:35 Michael Rubin wrote:
> A little bit more research flagged up Batik, which can convert SVG to
> EPS but I guess that is off at a tangent. There is plenty of talk around
> using EPS images inside a PDF in FOP and other formatters. But not much
> about going the other way and converting a PDF to an EPS. Does anyone
> else have any idea at all?

Apache PDFBox together with FOP's EPSDocumentGraphics2D could do the
conversion from PDF to EPS. That should work for most cases. My FOP PDF
plug-in already does that indirectly. But text will be painted as shapes
and is not preserved as such. There could be other limitations because
(E)PSGraphics2D is not as advanced as our PDFGraphics2D.

Jeremias Maerki