From Rob Sargent <rsarg...@xmission.com>
Subject Re: fop not handling svn rotated text on linux
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:36:15 GMT
I have to drop this for a bit: We've just release new software and we
all know how much fun that is...

Unfortunately I've had no luck with a substitution block in my fop
config file _comme ca_:

    <renderers>
        <renderer mime="application/pdf">
            <filterList>
                <!-- provides compression using zlib flate (default is
on) -->
                <value>flate</value>
            </filterList>

            <fonts>
                <substitution>
                    <substitution>
                        <from font-family="Helvetica"
font-weight="normal" font-style="normal"/>
                        <to font-family="FreeSans" font-weight="normal"
font-style="normal"/>
                    </substitution>
                    <substitution>
                        <from font-family="Helvetica" font-weight="bold"
font-style="normal"/>
                        <to font-family="FreeSans" font-weight="bold"
font-style="normal"/>
                    </substitution>
                </substitution>

where my svg file calls for Helvetica and I have placed the
FreeSans*.ttf and corresponding xml files (self generated locally using
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader) in my listed fonts and in the jar.

I'll try to pick this up again when thing settle down here,

rjs