From Rob Sargent <rsarg...@xmission.com>
Subject Re: fop not handling svn rotated text on linux
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 18:01:24 GMT
Andreas,

First off, thanks for your persistence in this matter.

I do not see the 'DEBUB - FontInfo ... replacing ...' line (nor the
others you mention) but this is likely a symptom of the setting of my
log level.  Let me try to address that first.

I'm perhaps erroneously confident in my fop set since I am getting other
locally defined fonts in other parts of our system.

rjs

On 07/07/2011 11:45 AM, Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
> On 07 Jul 2011, at 19:07, Rob Sargent wrote:
>
> Hi Rob
>
>> My mistake. A rash assumption that the example was simply glossing over the renderer
specific stuff.  (Seemed reasonable to me that one might want different fonts in different
renderers)

>> I now have the following (partial) config. file and am still not getting a clean
"Joint".
> <snip />
>
> OK, that looks good.
>
>> and I have confirmed that the font files are in my distribution.
>>
>> The only message I get from the FOP run is:
>> [Fop100Stage] [Print Preview Thread] [2011-07-07 10:58:27,161] DEBUG - Looking for
hyph jar: <longpath>/fop/fop100/fop/lib/fop-hyph.jar!/hyph/

>> [FOP] [Print Preview Thread] [2011-07-07 10:58:27,161] DEBUG - target-resolution
set to: 72.0dpi (px2mm=0.35277778)

>> where the first message confirms for me that I'm getting the correct fop version.
> Provided that this is the config file that is used, you should then see, a bit further
down, something like

> DEBUG - FontInfo - Helvetica,normal,400: Replacing Helvetica (priority=0) by FreeSans
(priority=0)

> Do you see a reference like that? If yes, do you also see the "FreeSans" font being registered
a bit higher up? If not, that could mean either of:
> - a different config is actually used at runtime
> - the FreeSans font failed to load properly
> - the FreeSans font is still not the one that Java AWT falls back on for Helvetica, so
the metrics still don't match

> As for the latter, the key is that via the config you _can_ make FOP follow suit, but
you really need to make sure that it _is_ the FreeSans font that is used by Batik.