From Rob Sargent <rsarg...@xmission.com>
Subject Re: fop not handling svn rotated text on linux
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 19:07:04 GMT
We're beating each other up.  I've moved forward to 1.0 for this problem.

I can't seem to get my logger setup properly.  I have these in my
original log4j.properties file

log4j.logger.org.apache.fop=ERROR
log4j.logger.org.apache.xmlgraphics=ERROR

I've changed them both to DEBUG, but only the xmlgraphics gets any noisier?

On 07/07/2011 12:55 PM, Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
> On 07 Jul 2011, at 20:01, Rob Sargent wrote:
>
> Hi Rob
>
>> First off, thanks for your persistence in this matter.
> No problem.
>
>> I do not see the 'DEBUB - FontInfo ... replacing ...' line (nor the
>> others you mention) but this is likely a symptom of the setting of my
>> log level.  Let me try to address that first.
> Or... Oh boy, how could I miss that?! I had to go back a step and look at the very first
words of the initial post. You said you were using 0.95, and font-substitution was not yet
implemented then.

> Apologies for the confusion if that is the reason it is missing from the log.
>
> In that case, the only resort may indeed be to register explicit triplets per renderer,
mapping the Helvetica family to the appropriate TTF files. Should be possible with 0.95, I
believe, since it is actually required for PDF/A which was already in that release.

> The key then remains to find out _exactly_ which font is selected on your system to substitute
Helvetica. As I hinted, it should be one with a narrower 'J', which explains the visual effect.