From Michael Rubin <mru...@thunderhead.com>
Subject Re: pdftops eps font issue
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 07:34:38 GMT
´╗┐A quick look online (I googled 'pdf to eps') reveals a number of
potential solutions. But forum link
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=59787 was interesting in
that is sounds as if there is no absolutely perfect solution. Some
convert to bitmap so lose quality, while others have various other
problems. One suggestion even suggested rebuilding the pdf in eps format
from scratch (I suspect that is unacceptable!).

I do quote from that forum link though: "EPS is another
Adobe-proprietary file format, specifically belonging to Illustrator but
Photoshop can create and work with some form of it. Here's my question:
what are you trying to accomplish in this conversion? Is it necessary to
convert the file to EPS, or is that mainly a file format you're most
familiar with?"

Thanks.

-Mike

On 07/07/11 17:05, Alberto Priore wrote:
> I'm creating a pdf with Apache FOP in Linux then I need to convert the pdf it
> into an eps.
>
> I'm trying lot of ways, the only one that seems works is the pdftops. But,
> when I convert it into Linux in command line
>
> pdftops file.pdf -eps file.eps
>
> This command creates me the eps but when I try to open it in Adobe
> Illustrator in Windows XP It returns me the error
>
> EAAFD+HelveticaNeueLTStd-MdCnO_99-Identify-H;
> Font not found on the system; missing font has been substituted.
>
> But 1: the fonts han not been substituted 2: the eps do not show words
> inside it is all blank instead of the images
>
> I'm sure that in Windows XP I have all the fonts becouse if I convert the
> pdf to an eps inside the Adobe Illustrator all works fine and Adobe
> Illustrator do not show me the fonts issue.
>
> Can you help me?
> What I'm doing wrong?

Michael Rubin
Developer