From "Christopher R. Maden" <cr...@maden.org>
Subject Re: numberformatting problem (austrian format)
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 14:51:20 GMT
On 07/12/2011 10:21 AM, haichao.miao@raibau.at wrote:
> I?m using fop to process PDFs. I need to format a number.
> code:
> <xsl:value-of select="format-number(10000, '####,###.00')" />
>
> The output in this case is 10,000.00
> My problem is, that I need the number format in Austria, which is
> 10.000,00 (the comma and the point are switched)
>
> I already tried ####.###,00 but a TransformerException was thrown. Seems
> that the point is only used to separate integer and decimal places and the
> comma is only used to group numerals.
>
> Anyone knows how I can get the number formatted with the Austrian/German
> format?

This is not a FOP-specific question.  Questions about XSLT should be
sent to the XSL list, <URL: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/ >.

You need to use a named decimal format as described in <URL:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#format-number >.

~Chris
“Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable
 than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they
 are accustomed.” — Thomas Jefferson