From Rob Sargent <rsarg...@xmission.com>
Subject Re: Mysterious left truncation of table in region-before: version 1.0 only
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 03:51:53 GMT
Call off the hounds, I've found the root cause. I still think it's quite
interesting how the two version deal with the situation so differently.

As I said there are two flows (or more correctly? page-sequences). The
definition of the region-before in the first sequence is more specific
in it's dimensions. Here a left-hand page definition for this sequence:
<fo:simple-page-master margin-bottom="0.6in" margin-top="0in"
page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in" master-name="rest-even">
<fo:region-body margin-left="0.0in" margin-right="0.833in"
margin-bottom="0.7in" margin-top="0.66in" column-gap="0.25in"
column-count="2" />
<fo:region-before margin-top="5mm" margin-left="0.75in"
margin-right="0.833in" extent="0.66in" region-name="header-rest" />
<fo:region-start extent="0.75in" region-name="sidebar-left" />
</fo:simple-page-master>

where as the second sequence used region-before definitions like this:
<fo:simple-page-master page-width="8.5in" page-height="11in" margin="0in
0.833in 0in 0in" master-name="leftimages">
<fo:region-body margin-left="0.75in" margin-top="0.66in"
margin-bottom="0.6in" column-gap="0.25in" column-count="2" />
<fo:region-before margin-left="0.0in" overflow="hidden"
region-name="header-images" extent="0.66in" />
<fo:region-after region-name="footer-images" extent="0.7in" />
<fo:region-start extent="0.75in" region-name="sidebar-left" />
</fo:simple-page-master>

I suspect the main culprit is the 'margin-left="0.0"'.

This made 0.83 inches of the LEFT side of the single celled table simply
disappear. One could cover the region-before with a background colour
and see the background where there should have been the title cell.
Running v-1.0 with-d produces nicer information than 0.95 and that
helped but 0.95 was more lenient (and that helped ;) )