From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Mysterious left truncation of table in region-before: version 1.0 only
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 19:44:37 GMT
On 15 Jul 2011, at 15:57, Rob Sargent wrote:

Hi Rob

> Drats.  I played with the fo after attaching it and before sending.  The
> commented-out region-before lines are the ones which cause the problem.

Sorry, but which commented lines are you referring to? I do not see any in the posted fragment...

Am I missing something? Do you mean the issue is still unresolved?

>> ... Here a left-hand page definition for this sequence:

>> <fo:simple-page-master margin-bottom="0.6in" margin-top="0in"
>> page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in" master-name="rest-even">
>> <fo:region-body margin-left="0.0in" margin-right="0.833in"
>> margin-bottom="0.7in" margin-top="0.66in" column-gap="0.25in"
>> column-count="2" />
>> <fo:region-before margin-top="5mm" margin-left="0.75in"
>> margin-right="0.833in" extent="0.66in" region-name="header-rest" />

OK, I see. Just so you know, margin-* properties do not apply to region-before, nor to any
of the other side-regions for that matter.
Apparently, given your description, this would be handled incorrectly in FOP 1.0. That said,
however, I cannot reproduce such an issue with FOP trunk. Admittedly, I am trying to piece
together a sample using the simple-page-master you posted, and FOP, as I half expected, just
seems to ignore the margin. As the spec states, literally: "Every formatting property may
be specified on every formatting object."
So, it is not an error. It should not have side-effects either, though...

KR

Andreas
---