From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: WordML continuous section break
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:38:33 GMT
On 15 Jul 2011, at 09:26, Marcos GarcĂ­a wrote:

Hi Marcos

> I have created a reduced version of the original WordML document with the same continous
section break, and obtained the same results (it breaks it in two different pages).

> Here you have the FO I'm currently using.
> It's long.
> ready?

OK, thanks. That makes it a whole lot clearer.

So, you want "Paragraph 1" and "Paragraph 2" to be shown on the same page, right? In that
case, the fact that they appear in different fo:page-sequences does not help --quite on the
contrary: that forces an unconditional page-break in between the two page-sequences.

The two blocks/paragraphs should end up in the same page-sequence, using the same 2-column
page-master, and the fo:flow should look something like (stripped to show the most relevant
parts):

>     <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
>       <fo:block span="all" role="Div" widows="2" orphans="2" font-size="10pt" line-height="1.147"
white-space-collapse="true">
>         <fo:block font-family="TimesNewRoman" font-size="12pt" language="ES">
>           <fo:inline>Paragraph1</fo:inline>
>         </fo:block>
>       </fo:block>
>       <fo:block role="Div" widows="2" orphans="2" font-size="10pt" line-height="1.147"
white-space-collapse="true">
>         <fo:block font-family="TimesNewRoman" font-size="12pt" language="ES">
>           <fo:inline>Paragraph2</fo:inline>
>         </fo:block>
>       </fo:block>
>       <fo:block id="last-block"/>
>     </fo:flow>

Note the span="all" spec on the first block to make sure it spans both columns. The second
block then, will flow in two columns (implicit span="none").

Obviously, this will mean --likely significant-- changes to your stylesheet code.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Andreas
---