From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Content spanning multiple pages issue
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 18:45:53 GMT
On 30 Jul 2011, at 17:55, Fernando Israel wrote:

Hi Fernando

> I use FOP 1.0 to produce PDFs.  The issue I am facing is that the content of the page
is such that it should span over multiple pages but I only get one single page PDF file. I
believe I am missing something very obvious.

The reason is that *all* the content is wrapped inside absolute-positioned block-containers.
Those will never, ever trigger a page-break. At worst, there will be an overflow condition
if the content does not fit, but it will never flow to the next page, like a 'regular' block-container.
(In XSL-FO terminology, regular block-containers will potentially yield multiple viewport/reference
pairs, whereas absolute-positioned ones will always have only one such pair.)

To give advice on how to resolve this (in case it is still necessary), we would also need
a hint of the intended result.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

HTH!

Regards

Andreas