From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: creating pdf add fonts
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:12:51 GMT
On 18/07/2011 11:05, Alberto Priore wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Alberto,

> I'm creating with Apache FOP a pdf

Can you please let us know FOP version you are using when reporting an
issue.
> I'm embedding 4 fonts inside the pdf
> but when I run the command from linux
> pdffonts file.pdf
> this is the result:
>
> name                                              type                   emb
> sub uni object ID
> ------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
> Helvetica                                         Type 1                no
> no  no      18  0
> EAAAFB+HelveticaNeueLTStd-XBlkCn     CID TrueType      yes yes yes     22  0
> EAAAFC+HelveticaNeueLTStd-Md          CID TrueType      yes yes yes     28
> 0
> EAAAFA+HelveticaNeueLTStd-BlkCn       CID TrueType      yes yes yes     40
> 0
> EAAAFD+HelveticaNeueLTStd-MdCnO     CID TrueType      yes yes yes     34  0
>
> the Helvetica fonts makes me issues when I convert it into eps
> with the command acroread
>
> How can I produce the pdf without embed the "Helvetica" fonts
> but the other 4 have to be embedded?

Helvetica is not embedded. The above table clearly states "no" in the
column titled "emb" This means your XSL-FO uses Helvetica, but since its
a Base 14 font, FOP doesn't embed it. The 4 custom HelveticaNeue fonts
are embedded. Perhaps I misunderstood your question. If so, could you
re-phrase it?

Thanks,

Chris