From Fernando Israel <fernando.isr...@kognoz.com>
Subject Re: Configure fonts for FOP
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:40:00 GMT
Hi Mehdi,

Thank you very much for your response. It is helping me a lot.

I've seen the document on fonts you suggest but your input helps me to
interpret it better.

So what you suggest is that I just stick all the necessary font files TTF or
TTC in a directory and direct FOP to use these fonts via the configuration
file using the <directory> element to specify that directory. Good !.

Since I am only using the PDF renderer I will have an entry in the config
file for it only. I will stick there the <directory> element with the name
of the directory where I put all the necessary fonts.

1. What should I do with the <auto-detect> element ?. I would like to force
FOP to use only the fonts in the specified directory so shall I remove the
<auto-detect> ?
2. Using this approach will the fonts be embbeded automatically in the
target (a PDF) ?
3. For testing purposes, can I take the TTF files from a Windows OS and
stick them on directory on a Linux box where the server (with FOP) runs ?.
Will that work ?.

Thanks again for your help !

Regards,
Fernando