From mehdi houshmand <med1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configure fonts for FOP
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:59:21 GMT
Hi Fernando,

If you open the example in conf/fop.xconf, you'll see an example has
been created (but commented out) for Arial. That is where you need to
declare the font.

I personally don't use the <auto-detect> feature, so I won't be able
to help you there. But I'd suggest that you create a definition in the
config file for each font individually, like the example for arial,
the "embed-url" property let's FOP know the URL of the font file. That
way if a specific font doesn't work, you can easily analyse why.

As for taking TTF files from a Windows box to a Linux box, that should
work fine. I don't know if that's breaking any licensing issues or the
legality, but TTFs are platform independent. You may however have
issues if there are any spaces in the directory or file names.

Hope that helps

Mehdi