From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: fop not handling svn rotated text on linux
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 18:55:41 GMT

On 07 Jul 2011, at 20:01, Rob Sargent wrote:

Hi Rob

> First off, thanks for your persistence in this matter.

No problem.

> I do not see the 'DEBUB - FontInfo ... replacing ...' line (nor the
> others you mention) but this is likely a symptom of the setting of my
> log level.  Let me try to address that first.

Or... Oh boy, how could I miss that?! I had to go back a step and look at the very first words
of the initial post. You said you were using 0.95, and font-substitution was not yet implemented
then.

Apologies for the confusion if that is the reason it is missing from the log.

In that case, the only resort may indeed be to register explicit triplets per renderer, mapping
the Helvetica family to the appropriate TTF files. Should be possible with 0.95, I believe,
since it is actually required for PDF/A which was already in that release.

The key then remains to find out _exactly_ which font is selected on your system to substitute
Helvetica. As I hinted, it should be one with a narrower 'J', which explains the visual effect.

Regards

Andreas
---