From Dr Stev <stevm...@sio.midco.net>
Subject RE: How to make embedded font readable?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 00:33:05 GMT

I have had problems reading and using PDF files that were created in
another application and using embedded fonts.  My simple matter was to
print these PDFs.  But there was always a font substitution used by
pdfbox that really did not work for me.

I think there is an open issue regarding this and it would be nice to
see it resolved.  If I remember right the problem was related to an
incomplete font descriptor or maybe the whole font library wasn't there.

I have had to use another library to print PDFs but I don't like it.  It
is not as finished as this library.  But at least it knows how to use
the font library that is embedded in the PDF.