From Jonathan Levinson <Jonathan.Levin...@intersystems.com>
Subject Memory leak in FOP
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 16:31:17 GMT
To speed up FOP rendering, I have developed a multi-threaded program that initializes a FOP
factory and shares it amongst the thread instances.

We experience a large performance increase because we are not starting a JVM on each instance
of FOP rendering and we are not creating a FOPFactory for each thread but sharing a FOPFactory
amongst threads.

Testing on LINUX and using the following command to examine memory:

ps -e -orss=,args= | sort -b -k1,1n | pr -TW$COLUMNS

I notice a slow memory memory leak.

The test sends the same xml and xsl over and over again to the same multi-threaded program
with its FOP factory instance.

Is this a well known problem in FOP?  Does FOP leak memory?

Best Regards,
Jonathan Levinson