From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Producing PDF from subset of IF file <page>s
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:00:35 GMT
Hmm, a NullPointerException is not a very nice way to handle this. Would
you mind creating a Bugzilla issue for this maybe?
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fop

Anyway, if all you need are hard copies, you can probably just filter
all nav:* elements (http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/intermediate/document-navigation)
and it should work.

On 14.09.2011 17:39:37 jeanyo wrote:

> Thanks for your help!
>
> I have attached two files:
> - premod.if.xml: This is the untouched IF file.
> - postmod.if.xml: This is premod.if.xml, but with many of the <page>
> elements and some <page-sequence> elements removed.  You will notice extra
> white space where elements were deleted.
>

> The specific error I get when trying to generate the PDF is:
> at
> org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFDocumentNavigationHandler.updateTargetLocation(PDFDocumentNavigationHandler.java:188)
> at
> org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFDocumentNavigationHandler.getAction(PDFDocumentNavigationHandler.java:160)
> at
> org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFDocumentNavigationHandler.renderLink(PDFDocumentNavigationHandler.java:108)
> at
> org.apache.fop.render.intermediate.extensions.DocumentNavigationHandler.endElement(DocumentNavigationHandler.java:186)
> [rest of stack omitted]
>
> I believe the NullPointerException occurs on this line in
> PDFDocumentNavigationHandler.java:
>                 action.getTargetLocation().x / 1000.0,
>
> Does "target location" imply a link target location?  If so, you were
> correct in predicting this as an issue.  I'm not sure this version of the
> publication must support linking, but I will verify.  The real purpose is to
> provide a hard copy of the PDF.
>
> Thanks again.

Jeremias Maerki