From Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>
Subject Re: picks wrong title language for metadata
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:17:42 GMT
There are two questionable assumptions you seem to make below:

(1) that FOP "chooses" (filters) metadata elements based on lang, i.e., FOP
implements the semantics of rdf:Alt;
(2) that FOP would fix-up non-conforming metadata;

Of course, the functionality in question is an extension to XSL-FO in the
first place, so it is *possible* that FOP could do these things. However, it
is not consistent with FOP semantics that it should do so, since FOP does
not make choices between *any* content based on language, and since FOP does
not perform *any* fix-ups for non-compliant content.

You should perform the content selection process during the front-end XSLT
stage, or, if you are feeding FO directly to FOP, then do it when you create
the FO input file. That is, you should not expect this extension to
implement the semantics of rdf:Alt.