From "Theresa Jayne Forster" <ther...@inbrand.co.uk>
Subject Why the difference in speed?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:22:20 GMT
Hi All,

Just wondering , we used to run 0.20.5 as a fop.exe and saving the input
files and then execing fop.exe

This was mind blowingly fast at generating the pdf.

Now I am trying to use Fop 1.0 and doing it all programmatically, it is
significantly slower specifically for the creation of the FOP from the
fopFactory and then the transform.

What could be slowing it down like this, with 0.20.5 we were using fonts
declared with the fopconfig.xml and kerning files

The new one we are using autodetect - could this be the issue should I
generate the font config as before rather than use the autodetect?

Kindest regards

Theresa Forster

Senior Software Developer