From Alexios Giotis <alex.gio...@gmail.com>
Subject SVG to AFP conversion
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 12:31:22 GMT
Hi,

I was thinking of using Apache FOP 1.0 or trunk to convert SVG files to AFP. Each page will
contain a single SVG, declared as

<fo:external-graphic src="url('page1.svg')" content-height="100%" content-width="100%"
/>

This works good when converting to PDF but I have some issues with AFP fonts. Before going
further, I would like some advise. Do you see any problems converting a series of SVG files
to AFP ?

For example, the SVG contains text. Batik uses the java AWT font system while FOP has it's
own. Obviously, in the output AFP, I need FOP to use and embed AFP outline fonts.

Thanks,

Alexios Giotis