From "Amick, Eric" <Eric.Am...@mail.house.gov>
Subject RE: MICR font problem in 1.0
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:04:57 GMT
There is a hyphenation-character property; perhaps all you need to do is use it to specify
the character to use?

Eric Amick   Systems Engineer II
Legislative Computer Systems

From: Anil Pinto [mailto:apinto@lobotec.com]
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2011 17:20
To: FOP Mailing List
Subject: MICR font problem in 1.0

Hello,

We have been using FOP 1.0 for quite a while now and are very happy with it. Thanks to all
the developers for their time, hard work and efforts.

Recently we had a need to incorporate MICR into one of the PDFs we were generating for our
customer but are having issues getting it to work and would greatly appreciate some insights
on what may be going wrong.

The font is not rendered with 1.0 but renders correctly in 0.95 (although both version show
the same warning as below)

Dec 2, 2011 1:54:10 PM org.apache.fop.fo.properties.CommonHyphenation getHyphChar
WARNING: Substituted specified hyphenation character (0x2d) with 0x20 because the font doesn't
have the specified hyphenation character: MICR,normal,400

I am attaching the sample, xml, xsl and PDFs for both versions. Note for obvious reasons I
cannot include the MICR font (micr.ttf) as it was purchased by the customer. I can send it
individually to the developer who can help resolve this problem in a separate email.

Appreciate any help to resolve this behavior.

Thanks,
Anil Pinto.

Lobo Technologies, Inc.
www.lobotec.com<http://www.lobotec.com>