From Klearchos Klearchou <klearchos.klearc...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Image Print size and quality
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:17:37 GMT
Dear FOP users,

I want to change an image's print size in order to add it inside a PDF.
I want to do this in order not to loose any quality.
The image must look smaller inside the PDF but the quality should be the
same with the original image.

I know that I could do something like this in my XSLT
(content-width="scale-to-fit"):

<fo:external-graphic src="url('{$imageLink}')"
content-width="scale-to-fit" border="solid 0.1pt" width="90mm" />
<fo:block space-before="{$space}"/>
                                     (<xsl:value-of select="$title"/>)
<fo:block/>
<xsl:value-of select="$description"/>
</fo:block>

but the result is problematic with very tall images.

Thus I thought that I should manipulate the image before passing it to FOP.
I used GIMP and I saw that if I change the print size of the image FOP
uses this size and the quality of the image is very good.

Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.