From Craig Ringer <ring...@ringerc.id.au>
Subject Re: POstScrit Fonts
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 02:33:52 GMT
On 18/01/12 22:28, Rob Sargent wrote:
> I've had good luck with converting fonts for use with FOP.
>
> For OTF here's my plan
>
>   * Download, configure, make and install fontforge
>   * Put this script
>     |Open($||1||)|
>
>     |Generate($||1||:r + ||".ttf"||)|
>
>     into transfont.pe
>
>   * run fontforge -script transfont.pe <YourOpenType.opt>
>   * go to [TrueType fonts
>     <http://wiki.amirsys.com/confluence/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=AC&title=TrueType+fonts&linkCreation=true&fromPageId=4129580>]

I haven't needed .PFM files when using Type 1 fonts with Fop, just a
.AFM and a .PFB has been fine. I prefer to use TrueType fonts, though.

I put this together when bulk converting to TrueType. It's trivially
adapted to output Type 1 fonts by changing the file extension to ".pfb"
instead of ".ttf" and changing "ScaleToEm(2048)" to "ScaleToEm(1000)".

  http://blog.ringerc.id.au/2011/12/bulk-conversion-of-opentype-otf-to.html

For more on scripting fontforge see:

  http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/scripting-tutorial.html

--