From Craig Ringer <ring...@ringerc.id.au>
Subject Re: Duplicate fonts in PDF when Distiller processes fop PostScript
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 06:00:58 GMT
On 17/01/12 00:38, Chris Bowditch wrote:
> In order to get FOP to de-duplicate resources in Postscript you need
> to have the following option enabled in the fop.xconf configuration file:
>
> <optimize-resources>true</optimize-resources>
>
> Have you enabled this option?

I hadn't, but bizarrely I can no longer reproduce the issue.

The PDF produced by Distiller still contains huge numbers of individual
font listings, but the file size is the ~3mb expected instead of the
30MB+ I see when fonts are being duplicated. I haven't verified it yet,
but suspect all the font dictionaries are referring to the same font
file within the PDF.

I'm at a loss to figure out why and how this has changed.

--
Craig Ringer