From Klearchos Klearchou <Klearchos.Klearc...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: Image Print size and quality
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:55:36 GMT
Hi Pascal,

I copied some of the FO.
In case you want to see more please let me know.
This FO text is relevant to the image that renders bad (not scaled)

<fo:block start-indent="10px" font-size="8px" font-family="arial"/>
<fo:table width="100%" table-layout="fixed">
<fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
<fo:table-body>
<fo:table-row keep-with-next="always">
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>
<fo:external-graphic content-height="scale-to-fit"
block-progression-dimension.maximum="90mm" content-width="scale-to-fit"
inline-progression-dimension.maximum="90mm" border="solid 3px #8CE18D"
src="c:/tempUnzip\images\image_21952"/>
</fo:block>
<fo:block space-before="3mm"/>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

So in case I haven't described well enough the problem I will try again:
There is a rectangle image  (300 * 300) that overflows out of the max area.
If I change the size of the same image to 310 * 300 or 300 * 310, then
the image renders ok.

Please let me know if you need more info.
Thank you.

On 23/1/2012 11:08 AM, Pascal Sancho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can you provide a short XSL-FO (not XSLT) with equivalent images that
> reproduce what you describe here, I cannot figure what you say.
>
> Le 20/01/2012 16:29, Klearchos Klearchou a écrit :
>> Hello Pascal,
>>
>> the solution that we talked about works well almost in all cases.
>> Here is the code:
>> <fo:external-graphic src="{$imageLink}" border="solid 3px #8CE18D"
>>
>> inline-progression-dimension.maximum="{$imageMaxBoundary}"
>>                                   content-width="scale-to-fit"
>>
>> block-progression-dimension.maximum="{$imageMaxBoundary}"
>>                                   content-height="scale-to-fit"
>>                               />
>>
>> Now when the image is rectangle the scale does not work.
>> I am attaching an image, on the left hand side the image is 310 x 300
>> and FOP scales it well.
>> On the right hand side is the same image but 300 x 300. As you can see
>> FOP fails to scale it.
>> It overflows out of the box.
>>
>> Do you have any idea what it could be?
>>
>> Thank you in advance
>>

>> On 1/17/2012 5:47 PM, Pascal Sancho wrote:
>>> We use imageMagik

FOP do