From Martin Edge <Martin.E...@intellimail.com.au>
Subject Re: POstScrit Fonts
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:05:57 GMT
I know I've come into this discussion very late - and the topic has moved on.

That said - I've had a lot of success in the interim with converting open type and true type
fonts to type 1 using trans type pro by font labs and then repairing font tables using font
doctor.

I've only dealt with English fonts - but they work in postscript fine.

Happy to provide further info if needed

Thanks
Martin

---------------
Martin Edge
---------------

On 20/01/2012, at 7:51 PM, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 20/01/2012 01:59, Craig Ringer wrote:
>
> Hi Craig,
>
>> On 19/01/12 19:54, Chris Bowditch wrote:
>>> That's true of FOP trunk, but we have developed advanced font support
>>> for Postscript in a branch named TTFinPostscript, which we've
>>> successfully used to generate Chinese and Thai output. If you checkout
>>> and compile the branch you can use the feature too. Although I believe
>>> there are a few bugs which are fixed by a (as yet unapplied) patch in
>>> Bugzilla. So if you run into a bug using the branch you will need to
>>> apply the patch.
>>>
>> Ooh, that's promising. I'll check it out.
>>
>> (On a side note, I wonder if fop'll move to git at any point?
>> Bugzilla-patch ->  svn branch isn't the most fun workflow for
>> non-committer contributors).
> I know there's a lot of folks in favour of GIT. There's been a lot of discussion on infra@
about moving Apache projects to GIT. Personally I don't understand why GIT helps with applying
patches. It's easy to switch your SVN sandbox to the branch or create a new checkout from
the branch. Applying the patch is just a question of right clicking on the patch file and
choosing "Apply Patch" then running through the file list and clicking save if there are no
conflicts. There shouldn't be any conflicts, Mehdi prepared the patch against the TTFinPS
branch.