From Katrin Peuker <Katrin.Peu...@prodyna.de>
Subject Upgrade from FOP 0.94 to FOP 1.0 kills page indexing of merged Documents
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:31:59 GMT
Hello,
I have a problem since upgrading from FOP 0.94 to FOP 1.0 .

I create some temporary PDF-Files with FOP(length of the individual documents is one or two
pages), load them into PDDocuments
and then merge them with PDFMergerUtility.appendDocument() to one PDDocument. In the end the
underlying PDF-Docuent is streamed to the browser.
All this is embedded in Alfresco 3.4.4.

The problem I experience is, that the resulting PDF-Document doesn't have continuous page
Numbers/indexes. The numbers under the minipages are all 1 or 2 but not in a logic way.
The two pages of a PDDocument (that are labeled with 1 and 2 in the individual file) are,
in the result document, both labeled with 1, but the following page is labeled with 2. The
This disables "hopping" through the document.
Before the upgrade to 1.0 the resulting page numbers where continuous, after downgrading again
to 0.94 they are continuous again.

I hope someone can help me, because we'll need FOP 1.0 soon in our application because of
other changes.

Best wishes
Katrin Peuker

Dr. Katrin Peuker