From froglander <Kristina.Here...@trax.aero>
Subject Re: Fonts in config file
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:30:25 GMT

Yes, thank you, the information from lmpmbernardo seems to have done what I
was looking for.

I had thought it was a general useage question, I was trying to find out how
to substitute one font with the glyphs needed (such as a bullet) for one
that doesn't have those.

The other details came out as I was trying to better describe my question, I
apologize if I did something wrong.

Glenn Adams-2 wrote:

> beg pardon, but that's an operational problem on your end, not FOP; you
> need to work with your FO content provider to fix it, not on this ML...
>
> of course, if you have a general usage question, please do pose it here
>
> i believe luis and chris have addressed your questions
>
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:05 AM, froglander
> <Kristina.Heredia@trax.aero>wrote:
>

>> I would gladly do that if it were an option, but the file that has
>>
>> <fo:inline font-size="8pt" font-family="Symbol">•</fo:inline>
>>
>> is one that is given to me as is, not one I can modify.  Is there a way
>> tell it to use a different font if it encounters font-family="Symbol"?
>>
>> I've tried going here
>> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/fonts.html#substitution
>> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/fonts.html#substitution  but I
>> can't
>> seem to get it to /do/ anything.
>>

>> lmpmbernardo wrote:
>> >

>> > Arial also has a bullet. Why not just use that since you already get
>> the
>> > Ohm symbol from Arial?

>> no

>> 14