From Luis Bernardo <lmpmberna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chinese PDFs and non embedded fonts
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:16:07 GMT

Just by itself the embed-url attribute does not imply that the font will
be embedded. I know that the attribute name is confusing, and the
documentation may not be up to date, but I believe that is the case.
Fonts are subset embedded by default unless the referenced-fonts element
is present, in which case they are referenced.

On 4/24/12 4:15 PM, Jean-Philippe Courson wrote:
> Hi Glenn,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> In your example, you are embedding the font:

> I have no problem creating a chinese PDF when the font is embedded.
>
> The issue I am raising is when trying to reference (not embed) the font.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Best regards,
> JP
>
> On 23 Apr 2012, at 15:26, Glenn Adams wrote:
>
>> I just tried this with the font you referenced and had no problem. Attached is the
configuration file and input file I used and resulting output. I'm using the current FOP 1.1dev
(trunk) build.

>> As Chris points out, you may wish to avoid<auto-detect/>. Also, you notice
that I disabled the font cache and placed the font in a "fonts" subdirectory where I did the
test.