From Jean-Philippe Courson <jean-philippe.cour...@cognitran.com>
Subject Re: Chinese PDFs and non embedded fonts
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:46:47 GMT
Hi Glenn,

I don't want to embed the fonts to avoid significant font redistribution licensing costs.

The produced PDFs will be distributed to people having the fonts installed on their machine.

Thanks for your help

Best regards,
JP

On 24 Apr 2012, at 16:28, Glenn Adams wrote:

> why do you *not* want to embed? note that only the actually used glyphs will be embedded
in a subset font, so size should not be an issue

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Jean-Philippe Courson <jean-philippe.courson@cognitran.com>
wrote:
> Hi Glenn,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> In your example, you are embedding the font:

> I have no problem creating a chinese PDF when the font is embedded.
>
> The issue I am raising is when trying to reference (not embed) the font.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Best regards,
> JP
>
> On 23 Apr 2012, at 15:26, Glenn Adams wrote:
>
> > I just tried this with the font you referenced and had no problem. Attached is the
configuration file and input file I used and resulting output. I'm using the current FOP 1.1dev
(trunk) build.

> > As Chris points out, you may wish to avoid <auto-detect/>. Also, you notice
that I disabled the font cache and placed the font in a "fonts" subdirectory where I did the
test.