From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Chinese PDFs and non embedded fonts
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:57:28 GMT
On 24/04/2012 19:16, Luis Bernardo wrote:

Hi Luis,
> Just by itself the embed-url attribute does not imply that the font
> will be embedded. I know that the attribute name is confusing, and the
> documentation may not be up to date, but I believe that is the case.
> Fonts are subset embedded by default unless the referenced-fonts
> element is present, in which case they are referenced.

That is correct. The error reported by Adobe Reader suggests that the
Simsun font is not registered with Adobe Reader. I believe it is not
sufficient for the font to just be installed in the Operating System. I
think the fonts also need to be registered with Adobe. Which makes the
use case of referencing fonts instead of embedding somewhat worthless.

Thanks,

Chris