From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to embed .swf file into PDF and dynamically pass parameters to it (through XML string)?
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:23:47 GMT
On 23/04/2012 11:21, Denys wrote:
> Hi -

Hi Denys,

> I am looking for a good Java library which gives the opportunity to create
> PDF files from Java application. These files are some kind of reports. Part
> of them are graphical reports (FusionChart reports) and I need to embed .swf
> files into my PDF (also dynamically in Java application) and pass some
> parameters to is (as flashvars).
>
> Is it possible to do using Aspose java library for working with PDF?

Apache FOP is the wrong tool for this job. FOP is about processing
XSL-FO input not creating PDF direct from Java. Apache PDFBox is a PDF
Library written in Java, from which you will be able to build PDF direct
from a Java program. I'm not sure whether PDFBox will let you embed .swf
stream into the PDF. This question is best asked on the pdfbox-users
mailing list.

Thanks,

Chris