From Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>
Subject Re: foprc: 1: Syntax error: newline unexpected
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 04:41:24 GMT
firstly, FOP 1.0 does not support Arabic or bidirectional languages;
however, the current development trunk, which will lead to a new version
FOP 1.1, does support Arabic; to download a nightly build snapshot of the
current trunk, see [1]; for preliminary documentation on complex scripts
support, see [2]; pay close attention to supported fonts;

secondly, the $HOME/.foprc file is for configuring the fop shell script,
e.g., setting shell or environment variables; this is different from using
an fop.xconf file with the Fop java application; you need to specify a
command line option to use an xconf configuration file, e.g., fop -c
fop.xconf ..., more about which see [3]

[1] http://ci.apache.org/projects/xmlgraphics/fop/snapshots/
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/complexscripts.html
[3] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/configuration.html