From Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>
Subject Re: Fonts in config file
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 17:01:42 GMT
no i was not saying you did anything wrong; sorry if i gave that impression;

you can manually configure font substitution by adding a font-triplet to
your FOP configuration file that maps the font family, style, weight
triplet to a specific concrete font file, e.g., you could specify

  <renderers>
    <renderer mime="application/pdf">
      <fonts>
      </fonts>
    </renderer>
  </renderers>

this is one way you could circumvent the use of specific fonts within the
FO input file. however, I would suggest you simply change the input FO file
to use the desired font directly.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM, froglander <Kristina.Heredia@trax.aero>wrote:

> Yes, thank you, the information from lmpmbernardo seems to have done what I
> was looking for.
>
> I had thought it was a general useage question, I was trying to find out
> how
> to substitute one font with the glyphs needed (such as a bullet) for one
> that doesn't have those.
>
> The other details came out as I was trying to better describe my question,
> apologize if I did something wrong.
>

> Glenn Adams-2 wrote:
> >
> > beg pardon, but that's an operational problem on your end, not FOP; you
> > need to work with your FO content provider to fix it, not on this ML...
> >
> > of course, if you have a general usage question, please do pose it here
> >
> > i believe luis and chris have addressed your questions
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:05 AM, froglander
> > <Kristina.Heredia@trax.aero>wrote:
> >

> >> I would gladly do that if it were an option, but the file that has
> >>
> >> <fo:inline font-size="8pt" font-family="Symbol">•</fo:inline>
> >>
> >> is one that is given to me as is, not one I can modify.  Is there a way
> >> tell it to use a different font if it encounters font-family="Symbol"?
> >>
> >> I've tried going here
> >> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/fonts.html#substitution
> >> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/fonts.html#substitution  but I
> >> can't