From Marcin Tustin <marcin.tus...@gmail.com>
Subject PCL output is really blocky
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:13:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm using FOP (embedded in some other stuff) to output PCL. Unfortunately,
the output is really, really blocky (see attachment).

I am aware of this page:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/output.html#pcl
However, it isn't especially useful to me. Pretty much the only thing I can
see that it recommends to help is to install the JAI library. I have
honestly tried to find it, but the best I can find is that there is a page
for it on java.net with no downloads (or really any information at all).

I'm also aware of http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/gethelp.html#doc but I
certainly can't find detailed, comprehensive documentation.

Also, almost all fonts are being ignored.

So, I have two questions:
1) How do I improve the resolution of my output/make it appear less blocky;
and
2) How do I make fop use all fonts installed on the system (and how do I
tell FOP where to find those fonts).

Thanks,
Marcin

--