From Rob Sargent <rsarg...@xmission.com>
Subject Re: generating pdf fails depending on page layout order
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 16:13:18 GMT
Thanks Pascal,

Sort of glad to know it's not just me!  Unfortunately I don't think you
example minimal fo actually recreates my problem.  I'm trying to get the
"gallery" page to have NO text at all, whereas you working example has
two line of text on the "gallery" page.   The best I have attained is a
single line of text on my gallery page by dialing in the margin-top to
10.82in (10.83in generates the same exception, using 10.5 pt
TimesNewRomanPSMT).

I should mention that in our production situation the textless gallery
pages work just fine, except when preceded by our "three-side" layout.
We have two symptoms: aside from the FOPException reported, in some
cases a  single line of text appears on the gallery page.  Since, as
I've said, I believe these two cases are related I have not generate the
'single line of text' example.  That has it's own interesting story
which I will refrain from telling at this time, except to confess the
actual page-layout dimensions for the gallery pages:

<fo:simple-page-master page-width="8.5in" page-height="11in"
master-name="gallery6-page-3" margin="0.0in 0.0in 0.6in 0.833in">
<fo:region-body margin-top="10.0in" margin-right="0.70in"
margin-bottom="0.40in" column-gap="0.40in" column-count="2" />
<fo:region-before precedence="true" extent="9.0in"
region-name="header-gallery6-page-3" />
</fo:simple-page-master>

<fo:simple-page-master page-width="8.5in" page-height="11in"
master-name="three-side-page-11" margin="0.0in 0.0in 0.6in 0.833in">
<fo:region-body margin-top="0.75in" margin-right="4.3585in"
column-count="1" />
<fo:region-before region-name="default-right-header" precedence="true"
extent="0.50in" />
<fo:region-end extent="3.465in" region-name="three-side-start-11" />
</fo:simple-page-master>

Please advise as to how to procede.  Happy to register the failure
you've isolated (though I don't understand why the "fail" case doesn't
generate one-line of text on the first page?).Should I enter another on
the negative interplay of the two page layouts?