From Mike DiChiappari <mdichiapp...@cardeatech.com>
Subject Headless exception with fop 1.1rc1
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:56:32 GMT
I'm a newbie who just downloaded fop 1.1.rc1.  I didn't get very far
before getting a Headless exception (see below).  Note I'm using JDK 1.6
and tried this on Windows XP and Window 7.   Note that the problem
doesn't occur with fop 0.93.

I was following the Getting Started instructions, which say:

   Hello World with FOP

   This section walks you through a "Hello World!" page with Apache FOP.
We're assuming you download the binary distribution and that you   have
a Java Runtime Environment (version 1.4 or later) installed.

   Unpack the downloaded binary distribution to a directory of your
choice (for example, C:\FOP if you're on Windows). Let's call that
directory <fop-home>.
   Get a command prompt in the <fop-home> directory and write:
   Windows: fop -fo examples/fo/basic/readme.fo -awt

Headless Exception occurs:

 >fop -fo examples/fo/basic/readme.fo -awt
Aug 10, 2012 9:50:43 AM org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
SEVERE: Exception
java.awt.HeadlessException
         at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(Unknown Source)
         at java.awt.Window.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.fop.render.awt.viewer.PreviewDialog.<init>(PreviewDialog.java:110)
         at
org.apache.fop.render.awt.viewer.PreviewDialog.createPreviewDialog(PreviewDialog.java:275)
         at
org.apache.fop.render.awt.AWTRenderer.<init>(AWTRenderer.java:99)
         at
org.apache.fop.cli.CommandLineOptions.parse(CommandLineOptions.java:211)
         at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:161)
         at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:208)