From Stefan Hinz <stefan.h...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: SEVERE: Image not found
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:15:41 GMT
Hi Glenn,

Update on my question at the bottom: Quite obviously, this is NOT a FOP
bug, because the problem occurs when creating FO, not when creating PDF
from the FO (which, as I understand it, is FOP's part in the game). I'll
bring this up on the DocBook mailing list.

Thanks again for your help debugging this, and sorry for the extra noise.

Cheers,

Stefan

Sorry for me taking ages to reply.

> It would not be a function of FOP, but of the XSLT stylesheet you are
> using. If you use FOP to transform the XML/XSLT input into an XSL-FO
> file, then you can view that file to find the references to the missing
> images.

Thanks for the pointer! Here's a snippet from the FO I created:

<fo:block><fo:external-graphic width="auto" height="auto"
content-width="36pt"
src="url(../common/images/note.svg)"/></fo:block></fo:list-item-label><fo:list-item-body

start-indent="body-start()"><fo:block space-before.minimum="0em"
space-before.optimum="0em" space-before.maximum="0em"
font-family="Helvetica,Verdana,Arial,Sans Serif" font-size="10pt"
font-weight="bold" margin-left="0.25in" margin-right="0.25in"
border-left="5pt solid black" padding-left="0.1in" hyphenate="false"
keep-with-next.within-column="always">Note</fo:block><fo:block
space-before.minimum="0em" space-before.optimum="0em"
space-before.maximum="0em" margin-left="0.25in" margin-right="0.25in"
border-left="5px solid black" padding-left="0.1in"><fo:block
space-before.optimum="1em" space-before.minimum="0.8em"
space-before.maximum="1.2em">
                   The logic of the previous example also applies for a
                   relation such as this one:

In DocBook, this would be:

               <note>
                 <para>
                   The logic of the previous example also applies for a
                   relation such as this one:

So, quite apparently, note.svg is inserted for a DocBook <note>. (I've
confirmed for other instances of note.svg in the FO file.)

But when searching the DocBook XSL style sheets (local copy) for
note.svg, all I get is this:

2005-01-05  Jirka Kosek <kosek@users.sourceforge.net>

	* caution.svg, important.svg, note.svg, tip.svg, warning.svg:
	New file.

No clue as to how the file gets inserted into the FO. :-(

Searching e.g. the 1.77.1 DocBook XSL style sheets for note.svg gives me
this:

docbook-xsl-1.77.1/images/colorsvg/note.svg
docbook-xsl-1.77.1/images/note.svg

Still no clue why (and how) note.svg is referenced in the FO, but at
least it's an existing file, although FOP seems to expect it in a
different location (../common/images), thus the error.

What do you think? Is this a DocBook XSL bug (in which case I'll bring
it up on the DocBook mailing list), or could FOP be doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Stefan

--
Cheers,