From Robert Meyer <rme...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: Fop 1.0 new install, get "Can't find configuration file, aborting"
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 08:48:43 GMT

Hi,

Not sure if this is any help, but that message might not come from FOP. Do you get the same
message when trying to run anything else? Whether you do or not, it looks like the same issue
as found at the following link which hints at a setup issue:

http://www.coderanch.com/t/586040/tools/Ant-does-not-work-keep

By the sounds of it you have copied or uploaded a copy of FOP onto the host machine. The first
thing I would try would be to get FOP on there via a traditional method e.g. "sudo apt-get
install fop" instead of running it from a copied directory. Alternatively, get a copy via
SVN, build and try running that. If that doesn't work, then it may be worth asking on a forum
more familiar with host servers running Linux to see if anyone else has come across this message
and have any ideas.

Unfortunately the message is not that descriptive, otherwise it would explain exactly what
configuration file it's expecting and to what it relates.

Regards,

Robert Meyer