From Nathan Davis <nathan.da...@vrad.com>
Subject Error with missing glyphs in font.
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 21:23:50 GMT
Hello all,
	I've been chasing an issue with FOP for a little while and hit a bit of a wall.
	I've added a new font to the list of fonts we can use when rendering a PDF.  However no matter
what character I enter, FOP gives me an error for every single letter.  For example, with
the letter E it says 'WARNING: Glyph "e" (0x65, e) not available in font "Code128".'
	There are lots of posts where people are trying to pass in non-english language, but in this
case I'm passing in standard roman letters and numbers.  Nothing fancy.

	In searching this error message I've found the recommendation to add the font to fop.xconf
as described here: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#truetype-collections-metrics
 but I still get the error.
	The font I'm trying to get working here is a bar code font I downloaded from this site: http://www.jtbarton.com/Barcodes/Code128.aspx
and I've opened up the font with a true type editor.  There's nothing unusual there.  Just
a pretty standard font and looking at the character map, I can see an entry for 0x65 that
matches correctly and looks just like any other font.  So I'm really at a loss.  Any suggestions
where to look next?

	Also, just an fyi, I know there's the option to add Barcode4j as an extension to FOP.  However
since I'm using a system that has FOP embedded into it, it's impossible for us to add any
extensions to FOP.  I've been down that road with the vendor and we're stuck with using a
barcode font and manually calculating the checksum.

Thank you,

-Nathan Davis

intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally,
the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any