From bob swanson <bobswans...@gmail.com>
Subject Very Large Print File
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2013 13:51:13 GMT
Based on what I've been reading here in the FOP discussion, I will humbly
suggest creating the 150,000 page print document in plain PostScript. Many
print devices can read it, and they do so in a linear fashion. That is only
one page is kept in memory at a time. Creating Postscript is a linear
process in plain text.

Yes, using FOP or PDFBox you have to store all pages in memory, before
writing out the PDF file. A number of PDF "readers" have to process the
entire file, which can be a problem (some readers process only a page at a
time...)

Just a suggestion.