From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting a list of font names without the memory hit...‏
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 12:58:57 GMT
The auto-detect feature creates the font cache, to save time on
sunsequent calls to FOP, you can disable the cache using the setting:
<use-cache>false</use-cache> in your fop.xconf.

I suspect the reason for the high memory consumption is your use of
auto-detect feature. Though I've not replicated the issue. If your
intention  is to allow the user to pick any font installed on the
Operating System, why not use the java.awt classes to list the available
fonts instead? I've not tried it but I suspect it will use less memory
as it doesn't need to load the full contents of every font in the system.

Thanks,

Chris