From FJMan <dark-rei...@gmx.net>
Subject Custom fonts in Apache FOP (used with Saxon in Eclipse)
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:35:50 GMT
Hello!

I tried scubscribing to the mailing list a couple of times now but every
time I get a mailer daemon. So i hope this even gets posted.

I downloaded Apache FOP 1.1 and Saxon9he and included Saxon as XSLT
processor into FOP (instead of Xalan) and then built it with ant. I then
included the fop.jar (and other necessary jars) into Eclipse to use FOP as
fo-processor in my Java-file. The problem now is that I need to use custom
fonts (Arial, Courier New). I have tried getting FOP to use custom fonts but
so far, without luck.

My fop.xonf looks like this:

<renderers>
    <renderer mime="application/pdf">
      <filterList>

        <value>flate</value>

      </filterList>

      <fonts>

		  <auto-detect/>
      </fonts>

I tried to transform via the command line with the -c fop.xonf as a
parameter.
Neither the autodetect nor telling fop the location of the fonts works. It
just uses Helvetica and other default fonts. And what is more, I cannot use
the fop.xonf file as a paramater in the command line in my Java programme.