From Gonzalo Vasquez <gvasq...@altiuz.cl>
Subject Batch output
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:11:38 GMT
One of our processes has to deal with thousands of documents in a batch process, either for
email sending, or for printing.

Depending on our customers' needs, we choose from PDF, AFP and PS as output formats. Now we
are trying to move everything to FO generated documents, so we can you a single template for
all output formats.

Several questions arise:

On the email process (many files as output), do I have to deal with every document in a separate
context, or is there any fo-related trick to achieve this in a better way?
In the printing process (single file output), is there anyway to feed the template just once
for all documents and the "add" the data to get a huge document with all the subdocuments
in it?

Any other ideas for such batch processing?

Any comments will be of great help!

Regards,

Gonzalo Vásquez Sáez
Gerente Investigación y Desarrollo (R&D)
Altiuz Soluciones Tecnológicas de Negocios Ltda.
Av. Nueva Tajamar 555 Of. 802, Las Condes - CP 7550099
+56 2 335 2461
gvasquez@altiuz.cl
http://www.altiuz.cl
http://www.altiuzreports.com