From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Floating an image (block right and wrap text)?
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:14:27 GMT
Hi Jeff,

The XSL-FO Working sub group categorized XSL-FO features into basic,
extended and complete. This is not something the FOP developers decided.

Image support is indeed a basic feature, no one is disputing that, and
inserting an image is possible today. Flowing text around an image is
what is not possible today. You can still position text next to an image
using a Table.

You mentioned you were willing to give a Paypal donation to provide
support for fo:float implementation. I should warn you the reason its
not been done today is because we spent 1 year developing a prototype
and it still wasn't finished. So a complete implementation would be
several man years to finish.

Thanks,

Chris