From Joe Wicentowski <joe...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with TIFF in fop trunk
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:55:27 GMT
Hi all,

I recently built FOP for the first time to see if a problem I was
experiencing under 1.1 (it would consistently hang when rendering a
certain page) would go away if I tried trunk.  While trunk does now
overcome the problem I was having under 1.1, I am experiencing a new
problem: a TIFF that I embed on the cover page of my output was
displaying correctly under 1.1 but is now appearing as a squat, opaque
black box in the PDF generated under trunk.

I'm running fop trunk rev. 1543560 on Mac OS X 10.9, and ran fop on
the command line:

  $ ~/workspace/fop/fop -d -c fop-config.xml -fo frus1969-76v03.fo
-pdf frus1969-76v03.pdf

I don't get any errors in the output about the image (which is stored
on a local server at being inaccessible.

I've uploaded sample fo, the image, and the resulting PDF at the following URLs:

  http://static.history.state.gov/temp/fop/frus1969-76v03-cover.fo
  http://static.history.state.gov/temp/fop/frus1969-76v03-cover.pdf
  http://static.history.state.gov/temp/fop/Image_0001.tiff
  http://static.history.state.gov/temp/fop/fop-config.xml

The problem is apparent on the PDF, where I would expect to see
Image_0001.tiff embedded but instead see an opaque black box.
According to the docs
(http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/graphics.html#tiff), this
CCITT Group IV-encoded TIFF image should be compatible with FOP.  And
it rendered fine under 1.1.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have.  I'm not quite sure
what to try next.

Thank you,
Joe